Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Speed Bumps

Hey all!

     This week has been a weird one. First off, we had to work on MLK day and had specialized training on Tuesday. That's why I'm emailing on a Wednesday. I also had a training meeting on Friday that was for new Sister Training Leaders and new Zone Leaders. I learned a lot and am ready to step up to the challenge.

     Speaking of challenges- I've been getting to know my new companion this last week. I won't go into detail, but it's been rough. There is very clearly a huge difference in level of maturity between a 19 year old and a 25 year old. On top of that there's a lot of emotional, mental, and spiritual things she's working through. I'm trying to help the best I can. Things are going okay, but our work is already starting to suffer because of it. Long story short- send out some prayers for me. This is going to be a long six weeks.

     Mom would be proud to hear that I had to play the piano for relief society this week. The usual pianists were either out of town or sick. 

     We're still busy teaching less actives and a few investigators. Chelsea ended up dropping us. Apparently 3 hours was too long for church, and she liked her coffee. Little things are holding her back! Hopefully she'll have a change of heart soon. I know she needs this in her life! Austin and MaKenna are coming along slowly. But they're making progress. We're starting to do individual lessons for them in other family's homes. We taught Russ, the former nudist, yesterday. He has some really great questions and is working on building his faith. He has been reading the Book of Mormon every day but still doesn't want to give up drinking. It might be a little slower progress with him than I originally thought. But he has a lot of real intent and is very sincere! I look forward to helping him along more. We taught Caity the Word of Wisdom this week. And by we I mean me. My companion in her 3 months out hadn't taught it before. We practiced and role played it at home, but once we got in the lesson, she froze. As in when I would turn to her for her part, she literally didn't say a word. She just looked at the table. Soooo.... I did a lot of talking and question answering. We're working on it.

     I have become so close to the members here! I absolutely love it. And I was praying that I'd get to stay. But now... I'm feeling like I hope this is my last transfer out here. Although, it has been great being able to establish relationships with people and be able to see the progress some families are making. I love being a missionary!

     Sorry this letter is so short- it's not because of time, just because the most eventful things that happened this week were negative and involve my companion so rather than murmur to the masses, I'll just leave it on a positive note.

     My mission president challenged us to all read the Book of Mormon in 1 transfer- so 6 weeks. I started over last Tuesday and am already to Jacob! I am absolutely loving this! The Book of Mormon is true. I know it is because each time I read it I feel the spirit testify that to me! I hope you all are reading in your scriptures each day. It's so important!

     I love you all!
-Sister Metcalf
a selfie so you know I'm a cute missionary and not a frumpy one!
I'm still the clean one
Meeting my 2nd cousin Benda Colvin! :)

I love the frost line :)‏

 

Nine Mile Falls off Shore Road‏

 

cooking a zone breakfast at the Harston's

 

Piloxing last P-day (pilotes and boxing)‏

No comments:

Post a Comment