Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Arrived in Spokane!

Guess where I am? ..... Nine Mile Falls, Washington! It's remote and beautiful here! I made it to Spokane just fine and we had a training all day yesterday. We were up at 3am to get to the airport, like I told you on the phone, and we were trained until 9 at night. No nap. It was a   v e r y  long day. Sister Brown and I spent the night at a member's home. Pres. Mullen told us we could sleep in until 8am just this one time. I'm not kidding you guys. I was so happy I cried! It was so glorious! (even though I still woke up at 6:25- I fell back asleep easily). We ate breakfast and went back to the church for another mini training and then to be set up with our new companion/trainer! My trainer is Sister Melinda Wood! She's from SLC, 20, went to Utah State, and is also a redhead- I'm hoping it'll draw enough attention to us that people are willing to talk with us. Nine Mile Falls is like 30 minutes northwest of downtown Spokane- Not too far from Gonzaga.  I'm over just one ward called the Nine Mile Ward. It's supposed to be a decent size. The town is small though- and the ward boundaries are reeeeaaally spread out. So many hills and trees and rivers and lakes! It's beautiful!!! I know I'm going to love it here! And my trainer is great! We only have 1 investigator right now so we're gonna be working hard to get member referrals and work with less actives. We live with an adorable old widow in her basement. I will tell you more about this place on my p-day on Monday. I've only been here for a few hours. I just wanted to check in and let you guys know I'm alive and well and so so so anxious to get out there and get working! I have this antsy feeling that I NEED to talk to everyone! I'll send pictures Monday- I love you all!
Sister Metcalf

No comments:

Post a Comment